Renowned in the sport fishing arena, Mark Lassagne stands out as an accomplished angler and a highly regarded influencer. His extensive experience on the waters has not only shaped his proficiency but also established him as a notable educator and proponent of effective fishing methodologies. As the editor-in-chief of Bass Angler Magazine, Mark channels his profound knowledge and skills to a broad readership, offering invaluable advice, strategies, and comprehensive insights into the sport.
At the upcoming ISE Sportsman’s Show in January 2024, fishing aficionados are in for a treat. Mark Lassagne, an authority in angling, will be leading informative sessions on the initial two days of the event, under the theme “Rig It Right.” Known for his meticulous approach, Lassagne is set to focus on the crucial aspect of bait presentation, an area he identifies as often overlooked in angler training. Drawing from his rich experience, he argues that improper bait rigging significantly hampers the success of fishing ventures.
RIG IT RIGHT
The “Rig It Right” workshops aim to clarify and simplify the techniques of rigging and manipulating a variety of popular baits. Attendees will gain from Lassagne’s detailed demonstrations on effectively setting up a basic worm, constructing a Shakey head, and preparing a Ned Rig. He will also demonstrate the correct application of Keitech or small swimbaits, Drop shot, and the Wacky Senko, and discuss the subtleties of various jigs, creature baits, and Chatterbaits with a Zak O trailer.
However, the learning extends beyond rigging. Lassagne will explore the timing and contexts for different fishing techniques, including when to employ strategies such as punching, pitching, or dropshotting. He will discuss optimal conditions for using a Shakey head, Spinner bait, Crankbait, Jerk bait, and an array of topwater lures including poppers, Buzzbaits, and walking baits.
A pivotal aspect of these seminars will be understanding lure color selection and the role of scent in fishing. Emphasizing the impact of water-soluble scents on catch rates, Lassagne will share his expertise in this nuanced area of the sport.
Anglers at all skill levels are invited to join these sessions to refine their rigging techniques, grasp the intricacies of bait presentation, and ultimately, enhance their fishing success. Under Lassagne’s mentorship, participants are poised to acquire valuable insights that will elevate their angling pursuits. Mark’s seminars are scheduled for Thursday, January 18th at 3:30 pm and Friday, January 19th at 1:30 pm at the bass tank. This is an opportunity not to be missed.
Mark Lassagne: A Glimpse into the Life of a Renowned Angler and Media Personality
Bio Snapshot: Mark Lassagne, hailing from Dixon, California, isn’t just an ordinary individual.
With his roots in serving the nation as a US Marine, Mark’s passion extends to the waters as a renowned bass angler. He’s not only a competitor but an entrepreneur, proudly standing at the helm of Bass Angler Magazine and the Bass Angler Magazine Tournament Trail.
- Consistent Success: From lakes all over the West Coast, Mark has often emerged within the top 10, showcasing consistent performance and expertise.
- Major Wins: With victories in the California Bassmaster Federation State Championship on Lake Mead to the Black Bass World Championship in Mexico with Team USA, his accolades speak volumes.
- Participation in Premium Tournaments: Currently competing in esteemed tournaments such as the MLF Toyota Series, and the WONBASS Pro/ams, Mark is no stranger to the competitive circuit.
- Multiple Qualifications: His skill is evident with his multiple qualifications for tournaments like the: Western Bass Shootout, APEX Championship, Wild West Bass Trail Pro/Am Championship, West Coast Bass Classic, MLF Toyota Series Championship, MLF BFL Regional, B.A.S.S. Federation Championship, MLF Tackle Warehouse, and the Bassmaster Tours.
- Mark proudly represents these fine companies: Ford of Fairfield, Bass Angler Magazine, Bass Cat Boats, Mercury Outboards, Okuma Fishing USA, Garmin, Yamamoto, SoftSteel, Toyota of Walnut Creek, Tackle Box Labels and Top This Outfitters.
#fordfairfield #toyotawalnutcreek #garminpro #bassanglermagazine #basscatboats #mercurymarine #rbbass #okumafishingusa #teamyamamoto #topthisoutfitters #bassboattech #softsteel About Mark marklassagne.com